KickStart version 2.11.0 Now Available!
KickStart version 2.11.0 is now available for download! This is the latest release on the KickStart 2.0 platform.
KickStart Software for the PC enables quick test setup and data visualization when using one or more instruments.
• Save time by automating data collection of millions of readings.
• Set up a multi-instrument test with the ability to independently control up to eight instruments.
• Supports power supplies, source measure unit (SMU) instruments, DMMs, dataloggers, arbitrary function generators and oscilloscopes.
• Replicate tests quickly using saved test configurations.
• Use built-in plotting and comparison tools to quickly discover measurement anomalies and trends.
• Users can launch a one-time free trial at any time for the KickStart Apps
• Distributes I-V Tracer application to Graphical SourceMeter SMU instruments
Changes in Version 2.11.0
• The enhanced Battery Simulator App includes:
• Battery cycle testing using the 24xx Graphical Touchscreen Series SMUs and the 26xxA/B Series SMUs (excludes the 2651A and 2657A models).
• Ability to discharge a battery, create a battery model and simulate a battery using the above supported SMUs.
• “One box” simulator, model generator, and cycle testing solution using SMUs using the above supported SMUs.
• Fixed the issue with the battery model graph not being displayed when loading a Battery Simulator App project that is saved in model browser mode.
• Fixed the issue when using the Battery Simulator App of receiving an error message while running a test and selecting a battery model that is presently in use.
• Resolved the issue when using the I-V Characterizer App with the Model 2612B channel outputs not turning off when the test is aborted.
• Misc. problems resolved.
Users that originally purchased the KICKSTARTFL-BASE license will need to purchase the maintenance license KICKSTARTFL-SUITE-UP in order to use KickStart v2.7.0 and later versions.
For existing KickStart software users, please ensure you have an active maintenance license for your respective perpetual license prior to upgrading to the latest version.
Learn more about KickStart software here: https://www.tek.com/keithley-kickstart
Download KickStart 2.11.0 here: https://www.tek.com/en/software/kickstart/2-11-0
"It seems RS232 connection will result in communication error when trying to read the data according to Kickstart, but setting seems working"
--> RS-232 has never been supported. GPIB is the proper communication pathway to use with KickStart for this instrument.
The Data Logger app requires the instrument to have at least one scanner card installed.
The Data Logger will then make use of all scannable channels.
The DMM app does not require a scanner card. It uses the front or rear terminals to measure.
DMM & Data Logger licenses are as follows:
KICKSTARTFL-DMM-AN : KickStart Precision Digital Multimeter Application Software; 1 year Subscription Floating License Option
KICKSTARTFL-DL-AN : KickStart Data Logger Application Software; 1 year Subscription Floating License Option
For a complete list of KickStart licenses, look for the datasheet on the KickStart page:
Keithley KickStart Software | Tektronix